Re: TR6 Voltage Guage guts

To: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Voltage Guage guts
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:22:52 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rob Christopher wrote:

>The voltage guage in my 74 TR6 has mostly been dead since I bought the car
[snip]
>Voltage guages seem to be a rare used item as even the
>local "King of the Pack Rats" (sorry Brian) doesn't have one.  Many, many
>ammeters, temp guages, etc, but no voltage guages.

I missed any previous replies to this question. My apologies if this is
totally off base, but I believe the fuel and temperature gauges are
essentially volt meters. Could you attach a spare one of them to the
voltmeter face and calibrate? I'm sure the more knowledgeable listers will
correct me if I'm wrong.

---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD