OHC valve interference (non-LBC) was : Stag Motor Question...

Subject: OHC valve interference (non-LBC) was : Stag Motor Question...
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:26:10 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe Curry wrote :

> I think that could be said of most (if not all) overhead cam engines!

Most, perhaps, but not all.  The engines used in some Ford Pintos (1.8L ?),
VW Rabbit/Golf, and Chrysler 2.5L do not have valve interference. (I won't
willingly own a OHC engine with valve interference and a belt drive. BTDT.
Chains, like the Stag, are a different story, they _normally_ give lots of
warning before breaking <g>).

Randall