Stag for sale.

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stag for sale.
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:28:31 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers: (No financial interest, etc...)
I checked on a '73 Stag that's for sale in Duxbury, MA today. It was all
there, including a hard top. It hasn't been on the road for 6 or 7 months,
and does look ripe for an overhaul. The original engine has been replaced
with a Buick T-type Turbo V-6.The engine started and idled fine, but
wouldn't take more than a 1/2 throttle shot without bogging. The gear box
(automatic) had a ornery shift linkage. BTW- if I'm not mistaken, this
engine has the same bellhousing-tranny pattern as the Buick-Rover V8, which
opens a world of possibilities for you TR8 guys.
I did get to drive it around the block, and it does run, but it needs a tune
up and other work before a fair test drive could be done. The front brakes
are a year old, but the left front caliper locked up on my, leaving a trail
of smoke on the way back to the sellers driveway.The paint is faded, the
lower grill and a few other spost look like they have a case of "K Mart
Rash", and the obligatory rust bubbles are appearing in the usual spots. To
it's credit, a quick check of the underside showed reasonably solid floor
pans, rocker panels, and trunk floor. It's to good to part out, but another
winter outside will do this Stag mortal harm.
As much as I'd love a Stag, heck I NEED one with a wife a 2 kids, this one's
more of a project than I can handle right now.
The seller is asking $4K.

The person selling the car is:
David Tilden
dtilden@earthlink.net