Re: A couple of simple but perplexing TR6 questions.

To: VK0216@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A couple of simple but perplexing TR6 questions.
From: JMHaas@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:49:07 EST
I recently extracted the knobs.  There is a pushpin somewhere on each of the
shafts.  I used an Allen wrench to depress the pin and pull the knobs off.
Each extraction was preceded with application of the appropriate fluid
(fluif) - I used WD-40.  However, I was only successful with two of the 4.
My aggravation overcame me.  I called my preferred vendor of the big 3 and
ordered the 2 in question fro about $3-4 each.  When they arrived and I had
them in my hand I cut off the two I couldn't dislodge.  May seem too drastic,
but I just wanted them off so I could get the new switch plinth in place.

Jan Haas
71 TR6
Yardley, PA

In a message dated 02/15/2000 9:17:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,