Alternate parts list

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternate parts list
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:24:46 -0600
There's been some discussion of late on both the Triumph and Spitfire
lists about a centralized resource for information on "alternate
parts", i.e. what Bosch alternator (if any) you can bolt on and plug
into your Spitfire to get more power.

I think it's a great suggestion.  VTR's site has some helpful info
like this (Corvette air shocks for Spitfire rear, for example), but
I'm sure there's more out there.

I'll happily maintain such a page and host it on the Triumph list
site, but I'll need other people to send me the info as I wouldn't
pretend to know much of it!  And if you can send a link to a how-to
page or something like that, even better!

Or, if you can make a how-to page or pages, I'll happily host that on
the Triumph list site, too!

If you haven't already, visit the site I'm talking about at
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html

It's a Web-based database of Triumph owners and their cars at the
moment, with a few other tidbits of information as well.

Dan
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too. Runs & drives, but shakes
like crazy; needs new tires and a steering/suspension rebuild.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/gmachine/greenmachine.html

1957 TR3, TS15098L. Needs an O. Undergoing frame-off restoration begun 9/99.
http://home.earthlink.net/~nickndan/TR3/TR3.html

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon. Gets me to work and back home again every day.
No home page. (go figure)