Main/Rod Bearings/Thrust Washer Replacement

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Main/Rod Bearings/Thrust Washer Replacement
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:54:16 -0800
Listers,
I'm about to replace my main bearings, thrust washers and rod bearings(TR6).
I've dropped the pan and have found no spare parts(thrust washers in the pan).
Looking up at the crankshaft, I noticed the counterweight between the number 1
piston rod and the front main bearing had the following stamped on it:

010
010

Does this mean my crank has possibly been turned to accept 010 undersize
bearings?

Regardless, how do I measure the crank journals, I've heard of plastigauge but
never used it or do I need a micrometer or something else?