RE: TR3 Tunnel Insulation

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Tunnel Insulation
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:21:44 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,

I'm in the process of restoring my TR3, and I am planning on using that
spray on stuff as the insulation under the tunnel. It's mostly sold as a
sound deadener, but also helps some with the heat. I got it from Eastwood
via their website. I have not yet put it on yet, but in theory it should
work nicely and take up minimal space in order to not add to overheating of
the gearbox itself. I also have covered all of the interior floors and the
inside of the door panels with sound deadening panels (which again, also
help with the heat). So far I like how those look, but it's a little too
early to vouch for their effectiveness since I've only driven it with
various body panels loosely and incompletely attached. Even so, it was
remarkably quiet when driven on decent surfaces.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada, CA