Expedition outfitting: Sidecurtains?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Expedition outfitting: Sidecurtains?
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:41:33 +0000
I have been following this thread and have a couple of additional questions.

1.      How and where do folks store all of this (in my case a TR3)?  Several
people have made use of the center of the spare tire or replaced the spare
with canned air, and filled the compartment with parts & tools.

2.      An issue for TR2/3s.. what do you do with the side curtains when you are
touring?  I am planning to make some special bags to protect them (and would
appreciate info on those too)... but where can you store them other than at
the bottom of the trunk?

3.      Mention has been made of touring curtains but this adds a fair amount of
$$.   How easy are these for driving visibility and for getting in and out?
How are they attached?

4.      What experience have you had with luggage racks?  Tips of where and
what to
look for?

As always, I appreciate your thoughts and advice, in advance.

Bill Hook,  57 TR3 (tired of driving around the block)