Re: re TR 6 Brakes

To: "Wiard Pless" <wmpless@iprimus.ca>
Subject: Re: re TR 6 Brakes
From: "Kyle K. Rice" <kkrice@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:34:12 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Wiard,

Completed the change over to Toyota calipers and it was a very easy swap.
Yes I needed new pipes from the braided line to the caliper but that was not
hard.  The easy thing to do is when you make up your new pipes, take the old
fitting going to the flexable line and use that for the new pipe and then
get a new fitting to fit the Toyota caliper, that is what I did and it
worked great.  No other problems at all.  It was a chore keeping the m/c
full with brake fluid with such a small opening for the rear system.  I
would recommend the Toyota calipers and the price was great ($125.00 Fully
loaded with pads ect...)  Just bolt on, blead the brakes and go. (Small cuts
need to be made on the dust shields)

Kyle.