RE: I need a broken amp meter for TR 2/3/4..Anyone??

To: <Z27407@aol.com>
Subject: RE: I need a broken amp meter for TR 2/3/4..Anyone??
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 06:38:00 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I knew I saved that for a reason:

From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net on behalf of Randall Young
[ryoung@navcomtech.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 8:28 PM
To: Triumphs (E-mail)
Subject: Ammeter resistance

Measured ammeter resistances (from the archive at
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=triumphs ) :

TR3 : 1.2 milliohms     3.5" 16 AWG copper makes a 50% shunt
TR6 : 2.7 milliohms     8.0" 16 AWG copper makes a 50% shunt

All values are approximate, taken at 25C.  (Resistance of both ammeter and
shunt will rise with temperature, not necessarily to the same value <g>)

YMMV
Randall

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 80-TR8  W4UCK