RE: TR6 Door Mirrors

To: "'diiulio@ix.netcom.com'" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Door Mirrors
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:10:51 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tom:

I have a 76 TR6 and installed a passenger side bullet mirror this past
summer.  I mounted the mirror by copying, as best I could, the location of
the drivers side mirror mounting bracket.  Once mounted and adjusted all the
way in, I found that I had a good view of the woods on the side of the road.

The passenger side mirror needs to be mounted differently to give it the
proper angle.  In the end, I drilled another hole about 1/4 inch above the
first hole (which matched the drivers side mirror hole).  I got away with
that fix as the mirror base cleanly covers the mistake hole.

My recommendation would be to mount the passenger side mirror in the same
location as the drivers side for aesthetics.  The hole for the front of the
mounting bracket can be in an identical location to that of the driver side,
but you need to elevate the rear of the mounting bracket between 1/4 and 1/2
inch.  A good idea would be to have someone hold the mirror while you sit in
the drivers seat.  Have them mark the spot with masking tape to give you
some kind of reference point.

Good luck, and as always, take your time and don't rush anything.