Re: questions on motor/transmission cart

To: "Dan Buettner" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: questions on motor/transmission cart
From: "Rob Robertson" <robandmaggie@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:26:52 -0800
Dan,
Assuming that you're just wanting to make the thing easy to move around, as
opposed to working on it, just build three blocks up out of 4x4s or 2x4s,
cut the front two on a bevel to match the motor mounts,attach the castors to
the bottoms, and lag bolt the blocks to the three motor mounts. Build the
blocks just high rnough to keep the oil pan clear of the floor. You might
have to add a few screws around the edges of the engine mount to keep the
blocks from twisting under load. The castors you have should be plenty,
unless you get carried away and try to ride the thing down the street before
you get it back in the car.  This arrangement worked for me, for more years
than I care to admit. It shouldn't take more than about 4' of 2x4.
Cheers,
Rob
TR3a in Seattle