Re: Wood Dash repair

To: David Lee <davelee1@home.com>, triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wood Dash repair
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:28:37 -0500
David, there's a mailorder woodworking supply house in NY called
Constantines. http://www.constantines.com  I've never dealt with them, but I
do know they carry an extensive selection of veneers. Lots of different
woods and sizes. Catalog available. Also, a web search for "woodworking"
should lead you to any number of web sites for veneers.

If you have a bandsaw, you could cut your own. I've cut it as thin as 1/32",
a bit thick for veneer, but seems to me, the thicker it is, the less likely
it is to bubble up and crack later.

Yellow pages; try woodworking, cabinetmaking, lumber (hardwoods). You might
find a cabinetmaker who would be willing to slice it for you. I feel sure
you can find one who would be willing to do the whole job. BTW, you won't
find veneer in any of the Home Depot-type stores.

Good luck.

Michael Ferguson