Re: Need electric fan purchase input

To: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>, "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need electric fan purchase input
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:37:27 -0800
I just purchased an electric fan and will be installing it on my tr4
tomorrow.  Its a 14" racing fan from summit.
It looks like it will fit perfectly and if you want I can email you
pictures.  Its rated at 2300 CFM and draws if I remember correctly 12.5
amps.  The price was only $74.99 and shipping was free.  Compare this to a
12 inch fan for the the same price or more that only puts about 900 CFM.  By
the way its all aluminum and looks sweet.
You can order it online here:
http://store.summitracing.com/part.asp?ssid=ETJ1E8PUUNUOKBSQ5YKW4MFCHU&part=
2D25CCE0-3630-11D3-949D-080009FC5B5F
I am also going to add pictures to my website of the fan so check it out
http://members.home.net/davelee1/pos.html

David Lee

 I'm going to get an electric fan for my TR6. Any suggestions on bang per
buck(actually amps/CFM/dollar) electrics out there? I'm going to make it a
pusher to ease installation and open doors to fans that might otherwise not
fit behind radiator. Suggestions on thermoswitch setup are a needed as well.