Re: COLD!!!

To: tigerpb@ids.net, fergie@ntplx.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: COLD!!!
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:58:06 EST
Greetings,
I think it was 81 or 82 I drove my 73 Spitfire from Springfield, IL, to a
little town near Fairabaeu, MN the day after Christmas.  I was photographing
a wedding and had to go.  It was 37 BELOW zero with 36 inches of snow on the
ground.  I35 from DesMoines, IA, was closed for 2 days from drifting and
blowing snow.  When they finally let us on the highway some of the channels
cut thru the snow were 20 feet deep.  I kept a sleeping bag wrapped around me
the whole way even though I had thermal underwear on as well.  The hoar frost
on the trees made for some absolutely gorgeous photos showing the pimento
Spitfire in a sea of white.  All thru the wedding and reception it was
necessary to RUN out and start the engine for a few minutes for fear
everything would freeze up.  I couldn't wait to get back to central Illinois
where it was only 22 below.
Bill Brockschmidt