Re: TR6 questions

To: jays@paonline.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 questions
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:05:07 EST
In a message dated 00-01-11 20:34:02 EST, jays@paonline.com writes:

<<  The exhaust manifold has  broken off around one of the bolt holes.  It is
 at a  hole where there are 2 exhaust ports and about 1/3 of the
 circumference around the hole is missing.  Is this going to be a problem?
 I could not find new ones listed.  The manifold is in good shape otherwise.
 Is it worth trying to weld.  I think cast iron needs to be preheated before
 welding. >>

Based on my recent experience with the Spit - same area of the manifold -
lot's of attempts at bonding with fillers, adhesives, etc.....I decide to
replace the manifold and I'm glad I did...less noise of course but more
strength to the exhaust system as well.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying winter under cover)