TR250 Wiper Switch wiring question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 Wiper Switch wiring question
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:28:31 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Installing the dash is just about complete with the exception of getting the
wiper switch wired correctly. I have rebuilt the wiper motor and it was
bench tested in both speeds prior to installation. The new harness (ordered
from british wiring for the 250, and so far everything has been as shown in
the wiring diagrams.) is in and am just about done with all the hookups for
it. One last thing is driving me bonkers. The harness pig tail that has the
wires for the wiper switch and the washer switch only has the 5 wires. G/B
and G go to the washer switch. The other 3 are Black, N/LG, and R/LG. The
Bently indicates that there should also be a U/LG, but there isn't. The 250
wiring diagram shows the switch as only needing these three wires, but
doesn't indicate which goes on what terminal on the switch.

The terminals are clearly labeled 1,2,3,4. (This is a ClearHooter rocker
switch, which I've checked for proper operation - it works just fine.)
I think I've tried every possible combination and can only get one speed.
Rechecked all the other connections. The motor parks correctly. I checked
the list archives and Dan Master's writeup on the VTR site and haven't found
an answer yet.

Which wire goes to which terminal to get two speed operation? Am I missing
something?

TIA
Mark.