was Slave Cylinder help!

To: Rob Robertson <robandmaggie@email.msn.com>
Subject: was Slave Cylinder help!
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:55:59 -0800
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rob and many, many other listers,

I finally really looked at the situation from underneath the car. I decided
that because the flex line was just hanging there already fastened tight to
the line from the Master Cylinder, the only way to install the slave was to
screw the flex line into the loose slave, then install the slave onto the
bracket. That means that the slave has to be installed from the "engine" or
front side of the bracket. Or else you would have to rotate the slave within
the bracket to screw the line onto or remove it from the cylinder! I know
that I didn't remove it that way.

In any case the slave cylinder is now mounted on the front side of the
bracket, and the clutch works!

We temporally  installed the seats and I drove the car on Saturday!!!!!!! We
only drove it a block or so but it moved under its own power for the first
time in almost three years. It really felt good. Unfortunately there is still
a ton of work to do before I can really drive it, but another milestone has
been passed.

Many thanks to all of the listers that offered answers and advice on the
slave question, and for the support and help on all the other questions I
have put out to the list during this long project.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 on the road again, (sort of)
Palo Alto, CA