RE: Roadster Factory wire wheel adaptor hub questions

To: "'Davgil@aol.com'" <Davgil@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Roadster Factory wire wheel adaptor hub questions
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:39:17 -0800 charset="iso-8859-1"
David,
I purchased a set of 4 adapters from TRF recently.  (For you TRF bashers,
they arrived within a week - and I'm on the West coast).  They are made in
England, the quality looks good.  At $39.50, you are getting a real bargain
- Moss wants $80 for their adapters.  As to the sale prices, they do revert
to normal prices after the sale is over; the sale price does not extend
until they run out of stock.  Better get your order in for the adapters now,
but you may want to wait a couple of weeks for the TRF winter sale to order
the wheels - they may be cheaper then.  Also, IMHO, the Dayton wheels TRF
sells are superior to the Dunlop's sold by other suppliers.  The Dayton's
are made here in the USA, while the Dunlop's are fabricated in India.  I'm
not bashing India, but I have been told by suppliers that carry both that
the Dunlop's rust quite quickly, while the Dayton's will not.
Dennis
PS - the same hubs fit TR-3 through TR-6
BTW, before I get flamed for the spelling of "adapter / adaptor", the
dictionary lists both spellings - my spellchecker likes 'adapter", so that's
what I went with <g>.