RE: Flick wipers for Lucas 2 speed

Subject: RE: Flick wipers for Lucas 2 speed
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:45:56 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

<snip>
> I'm thinking,  I remember an optional relay on Volkswagen Golf's that
> allowed intermittent wipers for those who did not have them.  It was a
> fairly expensive relay style thingy with an adjusticator knob.  Again,
> switch "on" you then controlled the speed of the pulses.

Some Chevrolets (like my 80 Citation) also had this as an option.  Mine has
all the electronics built into a box with a knob, that mounts through the
dash.  Should be easy to find in the junkyard, and easy to adapt to other
cars.  I have no idea what a new one costs, mine hasn't failed in 20 years
... (yet) <g>

Randall