Strange story about TR3's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange story about TR3's
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 09:18:49 -0500
Hello list,

Many years ago when I lived in Frederick MD, I met a guy who had two TR3
parts cars sitting in a field a few miles east of Frederick just off
Interstate 70, if I remember correctly. He had been storing the cars at a
friends property in the country. I went by to look at the cars and since I
had (still have) two TR3's I decided that I would buy the two cars. We
struck a deal. Actually I traded him an outboard boat motor for them.
Only one had a title. At the time that car might have been restorable, 80
or 90 % complete but very rough.

Anyway, he said that I could store the cars there for as long as I wanted
to. That was about 20 or 25 years ago. I heard recently that the guy who
owns the property was trying to sell them. Not unreasonable.

Anyway, if anyone on this list has bought the cars I would be glad to hear
that they have gone to a better place. Also, if anyone has bought them I
would be glad to GIVE them the original title just to make it legal. All
you need to do is give me the vin number so that I know you are legit. You
can send me $1 just to make it official and you don't have to worry about
getting a salvage title.

A TR3 for $1. How's that for the deal of the millenium?

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC
919-848-1782