RE: TR6 rear suspension bushes

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 rear suspension bushes
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 16:38:33 -0500
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:29:06 -0500
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: TR6 rear suspension bushes

Listeners,

alternative to using WD40 on rubber bushes.  I'm not a chemist but to
me, this mixture of materials doesn't seem like a good idea to help
insure the long-term quality of the rubber.

The alternative which I've used, that should not present any problem
whatsoever, is liquid dishwashing soap.

snip

> Now for the new ones.  The polyurethane bushes push in by hand.
Easy.  But
> lubricate the sleeve or it will squeek.  I use a silicone grease.  If
you
> are using new rubber bushes, well, they will have to be pressed in and
that
> can be tough.  Maybe a C-clamp will work.  Use WD40 to help slide them
in
> place.

Gary
Digest