spam (no lbc content)

To: Triumphcars <Triumphcars@onelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: spam (no lbc content)
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:47:28 -0400
For whoever was complaining about spam this weekend, you might investigate
switching your mail client to support the IMAP protocol, instead of POP.

(I don't know if I.E.4 supports it, but Netscape 4 does).

The chief advantage to IMAP in this regard is that email headers are
automatically downloaded, but the message texts stay on the server until you
select them for download.  Thus, you can do a quick scan of "Subjects" and
"Froms", and delete all the spam immediately (without downloading it).

Collude with your ISP for the switchover.
--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.    FASHION   n. a despot
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.         whom the wise ridicule and obey