TR6 Side Window seal HELP

To: BennettDat@aol.com, "list, triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Side Window seal HELP
From: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:35:44 +0200
Bob,

I could hear you swearing from here, and I'm in Stockholm, Sweden.

I know how you feel; I did my door re-builds in the order described in
the proper BL workshop manual, which I think everybody should have (if
you do buy, don't go half-way and get a Haynes
assembly-is-the-same-as-dismantling-but-in-reverse-order Manual, which
is a one-way ticket to the nut-house).

When I did mine, the windows went it AFTER the seals. The whole job was
fiddly, but for the outer seal clips, I held the clip in place with my
finger tips and used an old retainer from a battery tray--basically a
long, thin hook. After a few fluffs, I got the knack of easing it up,
while holding the seal in place. I also remember using a screwdriver end
to prise the clip open while pulling up with the hook to get it
absolutely home.

In the Practical Classics re-build guide they made their own hook and
helpfully provide an illustration.

This job was a pig, but no more so than most of those I have undertaken
so far in my resto.