Re: My mechanic's TR 6

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My mechanic's TR 6
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:28:53 -0700
John Summers wrote:

> ......by Friday he had replaced starter.  I called in the AM and was
> told that TR was starting - one out of five tries and they were sending
> the starter back and the "mechanic" didn't like me or my car anymore.  Why
> would my TR start only "one out of five" times?

Well, that would depend on what it did the other 4 times... nothing?  click but
not crank?  crank but not fire?

Time for a new mechanic -- sounds like this one should stick to oil changes (as
recall he is the one who thought the weak battery "fried" your old starter!?!).

As has been suggested in another reply, you should seriously consider trying
your
hand at this.  If you join or already belong to the local TR or British Car club
you can usually recruit a little help if you're not sure where to begin.  These
cars are really pretty simple to work on and there is nothing quite like knowing
you can take matters into your own hands when a problem does occur.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A