TR6/75 Exhaust Emissions Failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6/75 Exhaust Emissions Failure
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:20:07 -0400
I'm new to the Triumph world, but love the red TR6 I bought one month
ago.  There is a lot to learn, having been a Sprite Mark II driver.  The
big problem for me now is I failed the New Jersey exhaust emissions test
twice. Though I passed the two main emissions test, they told me I'm
reading 1200 Hydrocarbons, when it should be 500 to pass.  This is Greek
to me. On my old Sprite '62, there was just a hose hanging down for
emissions.  Can anyone give me some ideas on how to get my exhaust
emissions to pass??????   Thanks from a TR novice, D Michael