Re: we don't need no steenkin' navigation system (little LBC)

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: we don't need no steenkin' navigation system (little LBC)
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:02:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Wednesday, August 25, 1999 6:38 AM, Chip19474@aol.com
[SMTP:Chip19474@aol.com] wrote:
> HA HA HA.....my humble navigator (wife) and I managed to take first place in
> our TR Club's TSD rallye on 8/22....all seat-o-pants navigation....no
> stinkin' GPS....

I wouldn't think GPS was legal for most TSD rallyes.  Is it??  I have
played with GPS using both a laptop and a PalmPilot and it seems to me
it would be a tremendous advantage over a speedometer/odometer that is
in most cases not even close.  Heck, how much air you have in your tires
can effect it's accuracy.  With GPS and my Palm (with no maps loaded) I
can get extremely accurate speed/distance measurements.  You ge time to,
but even my watch is accurate enough for that part.

bill

--
bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |