TR4A Idles TOO FAST Followup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Idles TOO FAST Followup
From: Alvamike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:00:27 EDT
Yesterday I wrote the group about this problem and got several good
suggestions.  I did pull the carbs finally and look at the butterflies.  Can
someone explain the correct way they are mounted.  My seat with the inclined
edge tangent to the body.  I found two other small problems.  One was the
choke on the rear carb was not fully released.  I fixed that one quickly.
The main problems I believe I still have is that the springs that close the
throttle are not very strong.  If I push down on the linkage softly the rpms
drop right off.  Are there one or two springs.  I have HS6's.

My minimum rpm is now 1200, down from 2000 yestserday.  I believe stronger
springs would drop me below 1000 easily.

Thanks for all the help.

Mike in Morgantown