Wanted: Ring and Pinion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted: Ring and Pinion
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:31:15 -0400 (EDT)
Triumph Afficianados,

I have been contacted by a certain malaboge@aol.com who is on a quest.
Those of you that have been on the list for a while might recall this
person as Nick from Nor Cal...

At any rate, Nick is building a vintage racer (another TR4!!! Yeah!), and
is in dire need of a ring/pinion that'll give him that quick out of the
hole acceleration that only a 4.55 gear set will provide.

So, if you're squirreling away a 4.55 ring/pinion for a "big TR", you
might want to get in touch with Nick, malaboge@aol.com.

Nick will also settle for a 4.30 gear set if you don't have a 4.55.

C'mon folks - how about a little help on this one.

On a different tack - has anyone on the list ever been involved in a
"limited run" production of gearsets?? We're interested in trading notes.

FWIW, I don't think the vintage crowd would fall for the 9 inch Ford
replacement option, even though we know it works - right John??? Now, an
8.8 in Ford - that might be do-able...

regards, rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |