Re: TR6 Gearbox query

To: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>, "'triumphs@autox. team. net' (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Gearbox query
From: "BOB KAMHOLTZ" <THUNDERBOLT@TECHHEADNET.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:48:27 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Jim:
the input shaft is about 1/2" shorter. If you stand a TR2/early6 trans on
the bellhousing it will rock on the input shaft. the later trans will sit
flat (no rocking).
I don't know of any changes inside. The later trans will not work on an
earlyer car. The input pilot bushing is in the flywheel, not in the
crankshaft.

Hope this helps
Bob Kamholtz
ECOD