RE: Is MIG safe for suspension mount

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Is MIG safe for suspension mount
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:47:48 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
I remember many years back reading an article in one of the DIY orientated
Classic Car mags about the pros and cons of various welds. What stuck in my
mind was the statement that a MIG weld typically has 80% of the strength of
an arc weld. Would anyone feel qualified to comment on this?
        Regards,
                Bill (who's chassis' are all MIG welded)