Bios

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bios
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:51:53 -0500

Ok, I'm prepared to be forcibly removed from the list.  Aged 57,
curmugeon and proud of it.  Truimph is TR8 which gets used almost daily,
second Tr8 being refurbished.  Addicted to LBCs since I was 16.  First
was a TD, as was my first race car.  Fancy myself a racer, have since
the 60s, will continue to be if I can keep the Healey from blowing head
gaskets or get the Daimler together.  Was a (ack gag) corporate lawyer.
I know, I hate 'em more than you do.  Was retired because at 55 I was
too old.  Married to Susan, who understands why I need a building full
of old cars and parts, many of which don't run.  Son 29 in the music
business in North Carolina.  My other occupation after the cars is
trying to improve the chances of kids in state custody(foster care-we
hate that term) to find adoptive homes, and being involved with my
incredible 12 year old daughter that we adopted last year.  Plan to die
with unfinished projects, but that is a long-term goal.  Still
disappointed that i did not live in Southern California in the 50s.
Also looking for records of Thomas Roper who lived in tidewater Virginia
in the 1700s.  Ok, if I have to be better qualified for this list, you
can force a nice TR3B on me.  John Roper