my bio:

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: my bio:
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:44:54 PDT
Ah, what a great chance to reflect on one's existence and get to know our
brothers and sisters of the list better.

1999 finds me 33 years old, in good health and spirits. I've been tearing
apart all kinds of mechanical things for as long as I can remember
(sometimes I even get them back together)...

Born and raised here in the silly con valley, I fix computers for money 5
days a week and fix cars for fun on the weekends. I'm a SCCA licensed racer,
and hope to get out on the track at least once this year. Otherwise I crew
for a very nice couple that races a GT-6 and volunteer at pro races for the
club. I caught the racing bug early when my dad put me in a go-kart. My only
claim to fame is I once beat Scott Pruet(champ car driver)in a money race.

I discovered my first Triumph, a '61 Herald, in my friends parents back yard
(you should have seen the smile on his mom's face when I towed it away).
Since then I aquired another Herald and a TR-4. Other cars I've owned
include... '74 260Z, '72 Datsun 1200, '78 Datsun f-10 sport wagon, '84 VW
Jetta, '69 Plymouth Suburban station wagon, and several Ford PU Trucks most
recently a '97 F-250 powerstroke diesel, oh, and my racer, a '78 Honda
civic.

On the personal side.... I've never married and have no children, although I
do enjoy other peoples kids. You can send them back and they're much more
affordable<g>...
Other hobbies include sailing, hiking, and music.

Cheers,

John Matthews