Re: Windscreen removal on MkII

To: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Windscreen removal on MkII
From: P Barber <patbarber@home.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:53:11 -0400
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,
DON'T GO HITTING ANYTHING!!  There is a sleeve which retains the "Tubes" on
the windshield frame and they are BOLTED to the Body..  The two bolts which
retain each sleeve are located on the body tub and can be seen on the body
where the door meets the windshield frame.   They are visible in the margin
between the door and body when the door is closed. These bolts are usually
painted and may not be easily spotted. Open the door to access the bolts
and remove the bolts.

The sleeves actually clamp around the windshield frame tubes to secure the
windshield frame. After removing the sleeves from the body, I awas able to
twist the sleeve brackets to remove them from the posts.  The Windshield
frame will then easily detach from the body.

Have Fun...

--
Patrick Barber, Allen Park, MI
70 Spitfire MkIII FDU89984L