[no subject]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: Jason A Sherlock <sherlock@ast.lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:53:15 -0600 (MDT)
I'm hoping that someone might have experience with shipping
Triumphs over seas.  Particularly, I'm going to be moving from
the US to Norway in the near future (I'm young and can still be
impulsive) and I've got a little TR6 that my girlfriend and I
have grown quite fond of.

Cosmetically, the car is a ways from showroom perfect.  There
are a few spots of rust poking through the paint and the
interior carpeting is a bit sun faded.  Mechanically it is
sound: engine rebuilt 3,000 miles ago, new clutch 1000 miles
ago, new wiring harness that I put in this last winter, I
refinished the wood fascia recently, and a few other odds and
ends.  Basically it is a good solid driver that runs well and
dependably.

Does anybody have any clue as to how much shipping would cost?
I'm worried that the price of shipping and storage (I would
store it in the States over winter while I look for a garage in
Norway) would exceed the book value of the car and _maybe_ even
the personal value.  On the other hand, I've also put a bit of
work into the car and you know how it feels to have a
"relationship" with one of these things.

I've always found a ton of help on this mailing list and any
info would be appreciated.

Anybody on the list from Norway or know of Norwegian Triumph
clubs?