RE: Brake problem

To: "'Patrick Bitton'" <pbitton@axess.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake problem
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:22:15 -0700
Patrick :

My suggestion would be to find a shop that can 're-arc' your shoes for you.
 This used to be standard practice, but has become uncommon for some
reason.  The process grinds the surface of the shoes so they exactly match
the surface of the drum (compensating for any variations in the lining
thickness, or in the shoe itself).  The amount of friction material removed
is minor, but might be enough to make your drums fit.

Also, make sure your adjusters are really retracted.  The cylinders that
the shoes rest on can sometimes stick in the bore, so that even though the
adjuster screw is backed off, the shoes aren't retracted.

Randall

On Wednesday, August 04, 1999 3:00 PM, Patrick Bitton
[SMTP:pbitton@axess.com] wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>     I finished the rear brakes and can't get the drums back into place.
It