TR6 reverse problem

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR6 reverse problem
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:46:26 -0400
Listres:

I have been following this thread from my hotel room at the
VTRand...  (oh.  Sorry.  I wont mention the VTR again to
you non-attendees)

Umm..  Oh yeah,  the early TR6's used the same shifter as
the TR4 that required of prefered the "lift and shift" technique.
I believe that around 73 or 74 the shifter was redesigned to
allow easier selection of reverse.  I remember that the 71 TR6
that I own was different than the 74 I recently traded.

So the bad assumption here is that they didn't change it
during the model production run.  And why not?  They changed
everything else!

Dave Massey