TR Register International Rally

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR Register International Rally
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:21:51 EDT
Cc: TR.Register@onyxnet.co.uk, Ianwevans@btinternet.com (Ian Evans)

Well, I couldn't get to VTR, due to lack of vacation/money,
but I did get to attend the TR Register International Rally at Malvern in
Worcestershire, England this last weekend.
And, oh boy, what a weekend it was!!!

The best weather of the year so far, blazing hot sunshine both days, temps in
the low nineties Fahrenheit...over 1900 people attended on the Saturday with
more on the Sunday (no figures), but probably total attendance over 2300
entries.
TR's...around 1300-1500 I believe.
Superb Countryside with fabulous views and driving roads...day and night.
Great Pub Food and drink nearby...
Cars from all over Europe and visitors from South Africa and Canada, and
someone from America, I believe...Great party on the Saturday night, finished
around 4am,

Sunday morning awoken by the sound of 25 or so hot air balloons flying
overhead.
Another fantastic day, with around 150 ? TR6's gathered together in the
cattle paddock, (it was held at an agricultural showground/ no-one mentioned
tractors!),
What an amazing sight!!!
How about a row of Seven Magenta (Purple) TR6's ???
Heck, who needs Austin Powers when you've got Triumph Power ?
Now that's what I really call Shagariffic Baby!!!
The Concours was, as ever a wonder to behold, the cars far better than they
left the factory...there was also a very large autojumble and plenty of trade
stands...
I finally gave in and bought that TR6 alloy water pump housing for my Vitesse
from Daryl Uprichard of Racestorations, well it was at a show price!

I can honestly say that was the very best TR Register International Rally
that I have ever attended, and pity any TR owner over here who missed out on
a classic event.
It was superbly organised, held at a beautiful venue and exceedingly
enjoyable.
The drive to the event on the A40 through, and above the Cotswolds (Oxford
via Witney, Cheltenham and Gloucester to Malvern),was most enjoyable, and
very scenic, and the drive home down the A417 via Gloucester and Cirencester
to Swindon and the M4 Motorway was certainly exhilarating, (the A417 is a
high-speed dual/duel !!! carriageway...there were a couple of rather violent
flash thunderstorms along the way, my soft-top stayed firmly down, but I
didn't get wet as I kept my speed at the regulation 70 mph (ahem). Actually,
they were quite refreshing.

My Vitesse behaved itself in exemplary fashion and ran like a train all
weekend.
I gave rides to the pub/restaurant to Peter Du Sautoy and Chris Gibbons from
Cape Town in South Africa and to Ian Evans, Chairman of the TR Register who
seemed suitably impressed

It's days like those that serve to remind us exactly why we put so much time,
money and effort into these sweet little cars!

Regards
Léon F Guyot
London, England.