Re: VTR

To: Douglas Hansen <dagger@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: VTR
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:22:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Douglas Hansen wrote:

> Why doesn't VTR have about 3 or 4 meetings a year one for each season.
> And have it just rotate around the states from FL to NY;  East to West etc...
> Im sure we all dont want to drive our babies to far!
> Im in Augusta, GA and Atlanta's just far enough.
>
> doug

Doug, this is pretty much how it works now. VTR's annual "national"
convention usually does take place in summer to best accommodate
traditional vacation schedules. But the South Central Region has similar
types of events just about every spring and the Southeastern Region has
had a number of regional events as well, most usually in the fall. In the
past, there also have been regionals in the Northeast, along with scores
of near-regional-scale events by individual chapters of VTR.

And, no, VTR's 2001 annual will NOT be in Houston, TX. "Official" word as
to the location of the 2001 event will be forthcoming fairly soon.

Now, back to packing for Portland, ME! :-)

--Andy