puff of blue smoke

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: puff of blue smoke
From: "Frank J. Angelini Sr." <angelfj@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:39:32 -0400
We just finished a rebuild of our TR-250 (CD1510LO, BRG, Surry Top).
Actually this is a totally new engine, based on a fresh block supplied by
TRF.  We reused the crank and the cam (reground for nice street
performance).  Optimized heads, porting, polishing (10.1:1 CR), etc.
Something very anoying has just started that I noticed.  If I am out for a
run and then stop for a short time, and then re-start, with the engine still
hot , a get a substantial cloud of blue smoke.  I can't believe this is
valve stem blow-by since the engine is so fresh (200 miles).  What about the
PCV valve?  Could a malfunction of this cause this problem?

Frank