New Speakers For The Spit Radio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Speakers For The Spit Radio
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:30:27 EDT
Listee's,

I just had to get out of the air conditioned house and play with the Spit
yesterday even if the heat is frying our brains here in southeast PA.  So, I
decided to install new speakers and a new antenna and fire up the radio which
the PO said was working before he removed it to do some trans work.

I bought a pair of 3" Optima speakers for $14.99 (on sale from $19.99) and a
flexible antenna ($7.99) from the local Radio Shack (no financial interest,
bla, bla).  The speakers are just the right size to mount on the firewall
behind the pass parcel tray and below the fuse box to be out of sight yet,
believe it or not, still be heard while motoring about.  The antenna is only
about 14" tall and works well while not overwhelming the windscreen area.
IMHO - a great combination for our LBCs where "behind-the-dash" space is at a
premium:)

It was a sweaty afternoon but worth it....can't wait for the first cool
evening to get out on the road with my wife, put the Moody Blues tape in and
cruise the wooded hills and dales....ha! ha!...it's been so stinkin' hot -
judging by this summer's weather, that ride may not happen until October!

Cheers,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit MkIII  FDU78512L (Decent Driver)