Collective memory request...

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Collective memory request...
From: philpatt@kalamazoo.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:58:21 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Ok, I once again must call upon the collective wisdom of the list....

Sometime yesterday, while putting about 100-140 miles on the TR3, the dang
tail pipe extention fell off.  Gone.  Vanished.

This wasn't anything all that special, but they don't make them like this
anymore.  Dad says, as he recalls, that he bought it aftermarket sometime in
the early to mid 70's.

It was chromed, and slid over the end of the TR3 exhaust.  It then flared,
horizontally to an oval, about 4 inches wide, and 3/4 inches high.

After searching modern options, the ovals are god awful huge 5-7" wide and
2" high monstrosities....

I've looked through my photos, but apparently no one ever took a picture of
the car from behind, so I hope that description rings a bell for someone....

Anyways, does anyone know where I might find a replacement exhaust tip?

Many thanks!

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}