Re: Exhaust pipes

To: "Bill Gunshannon" <bill@cs.uofs.edu>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust pipes
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:40:34 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,

This is the last big item (I hope) before I take my Spitfire on the road for
it's test runs.

Three years ago, I asked the local muffler shop (not a national franchise)
how much for a custom pipe to connect my Pacesetter header to a SuperTrapp
muffler (two or three bends). The answer was below $100. However, there is a
new owner and his  prices for exhaust systems now match the new car
dealerships'.

I have a jury-rigged flexible pipe exhaust currently, but I need to visit
some of the muffler and speed shops to get an estimate. I sure didn't like
the estimate of $250 that you received.

Good luck,

Tom  (Waiting for the K&Ns)