Re: crane vs msd vs ignitor

To: kehrlich@dyax.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: crane vs msd vs ignitor
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:53:18 -0500
At 10:17 AM 7/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Erik-
>
>I was wondering what the essential performance difference was between
>say the ignitor ( which I have) and the Crane system. And then the
>difference with the MSD. I see the Crane and MSD's have "black boxes"
>that must do something that the ignitors don't do.

The short answer:

The Crane system discharges more current into the coil at a higher voltage in
order
to achieve a hotter, longer duration spark.

The MSD (Multiple Spark Discharge) box is similar, but it actually gives off a
series
of discrete sparks for improved combustion.

You can learn more at http://www.msdignition.com and http://www.cranecams.com.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com