TR6 acquisition

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 acquisition
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:43:37 +0200
Greetings,

I have recently started joined this list, as I am in the process of acquiring a
TR6. I've been storing away all the advice in anticipation of future need! I
have a few questions that someone may be able to help me with.

The car in question is apparently a 1975 model, RHD, PI, exported from the UK
(to South Africa), so the odometer is in km. Is this unusual? Also, it has
overdrive on 2, 3 and 4, although I thought that the overdrive changed in 73 to
just 3 & 4 - have I got my facts wrong?
Other things that I'm not sure about: when did the front indicators move below
the bumpers, and when was the Union Jack logo replaced by the 'TR6' logo on the
rear wing? This car has indicators above bumpers, and 'TR6' on the wing. And the
wing mirrors: were they fitted to the original car?

Thanks

Paul Mitchell