TR3B: Turn Signal Update

Subject: TR3B: Turn Signal Update
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:36:29 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "'George Hahn'" <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Hello all;

Well the turn signals have made some progress. The lights all come on and
flash. The front ones, however, don't make much of a noticeable flash when
you already have them in side/head light mode. I mean you can barely notice
any difference as they flash.

Bigger problem is the indicator light. When you first turn on the flashers
(either L or R) you get one loud click and you see the light go on. From
then on you get nothing --- no clicking, no indicator light. The turn signal
lights do flash, just no sound and no light. Any ideas how to figure out
why?

BTW --- here is what the cause of the original problem was found to be. My
new wiring harness has three wires that come out the passenger side with
nowhere to connect. Two of them were green with brown --- I connected them
to either other and that's when I got the turn signals to work. I have no
idea why they send two wires out that side of the harness just so you can
connect them to either other. The other extra wire is green w/ red --- not
needed on this side of car so I just cap it off. The only reason I see for
these three to be there is for RHD I guess --- although it is supposed to be
a LHD harness.

Thanks for any advice on the indicator and clicking,

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire