Re: Car Insurance

To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: Car Insurance
From: Todd Friar <tfriar@rapidnet.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:38:42 -0700
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Odd Hedberg wrote:

> Ah, finally something auto related we have a better deal on over
> here in Sweden. Finally... I've been getting more and more envious
> when reading the material You sent me - but finally You gave me at
> least a minute compensation... ;-)

Well, I've been following this thread now, and I can't resist adding in
my 2 cents worth!  Over here in the great provinvce of  British
Columbia, Canada our insurance is run by the government.  That is it is
a monopoly.  I am paying $90 a month, and that includes a 40% disount
that I get for being a good driver! The normal price without the big 40%
discount is a whopping $1512 a year, for a car that only gets driven
about 5000 miles a year.  For my other vehicle the price is about the
same.

I greatly envy those of you who have a choice of what company you can
chose to get your insurance from.

I used to live in Quebec, and there is was the opposite.  I was insured
with Allstate, and the agent gave me a quote based on this..."well we
don't have a rate listed for your car, but I insured a MG this moring
for $120 for the year so since the TR6 is a bigger car I'll make it $150
for the year".