no Triumphs in the UK

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: no Triumphs in the UK
From: "cameron greig" <tr6greig@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:19:59 +0100
Tim wrote

>I just returned from two weeks in England and Scotland where I saw
>only TWO Triumphs during the entire trip.  I saw a Stag in London
>traffic on the first day of the trip and a Spitfire in Burford on
>the next to last day.  It was parked in front of a repair shop.  Never
>saw one at all in Scotland.  There just don't seem to be many Triumphs
>at all.  And I was really looking for them.  I did see about two dozen
>MGBs though.  Can anyone tell me why there are so few Triumphs in the UK?
>
>Tim Gaines
>1974 TR6
>1980 Spitfire

To a certain extent Joe is right when he said "there all in the US" however
ours are
concentrated into a much smaller area so thats not the real reason.
In the UK the majority of cars are not used as daily transport only coming
out at
weekends,and even them only if it's dry.
As for Scotland,I work in Pitlochry a popular tourist town.During the last 2
months
I have seen 4 TR6s 15 to 20 MGs (Bs,As,) 20 to 30 Morgans,2 Blower Bentleys
and 5 or 6
Jags. The majority of these cars were from mainland Europe.
My own 71 TR6 is used daily from May to October,but even if you had been
around my area
the chances of seeing the car would have been very slim,I keep it hidden
away while I'm at
work,to many tourists!!!

Cameron