Re: TR 6 steering column

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 steering column
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:13:27 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe,

If the TR6 is like the Spitfire, the cam goes on in only one place.  It
is not adjustable and therefore, repositioning is possible only by
relocating the whole shaft in relation to the rack.
Let me know if I'm all wet here, but I can't imagine Triumph doing
things so differently on those two cars.
I can't imagine them doing things differently, either.  But when I was
reassembling my steering column I had put the clip on without paying much
attention.  As such the cam faced left when sitting in the driver's seat.
When fitting my indicator switch, it became clear that the clip was
backwards as my indicators are on the right side of the steering column.  I
just popped the clip off, reinstalled it on the right side and all was
well.   Maybe that's not proper but it seemed to work for me.  No problems
after 500 miles on car.

Dave