GT6 Gearbox # & Mfr Date?

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Gearbox # & Mfr Date?
From: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <dheglund@SGP.Honeywell.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:47:47 -0500
Listers,   My '69 GT6 has a replacement transmission (I believe) and I would
like to check which model it was original to.  The gearbox sn is KC6041.
I've checked on "Club Triumph" and Francois Demont sites, but they don't
give any numbering data.  Anyone know how to find out when this particular
'box was made and what car it was put on?  Makes a difference for buying
parts, specifically the "cluster gear" (mine has 3 teeth missing!!).  Soon
as I find out exactly what model it's from, a replacement gear can be
bought, or at least searched for.   TIA
   Dave H.   '69 GT6+  "The Mistress"